Date Posted: September 22, 2011 Applications Due: October 10, 2011
Salary: 11,000 – 13,000 per year
Hours: Part-time position
(Expected to be at all markets: Summer 7:30 am – 12:30 pm, Winter 8:30 am – 2 pm
Supervisor: Olde Worthington Business Association Executive Director
The Olde Worthington Farmers Market is a project of the Olde Worthington Business Association ( www.owba.net). The summer market was established in 1987 and is one of the largest and most respected markets in Ohio. Over 70 vendors participate in the market which is held in downtown Worthington on Saturday mornings from 9-noon from May through October. The winter market was established in 2007 and hosts over 20 vendors on Saturdays from 10-1 on one Saturday in November, one Saturday in December and every Saturday January through April. The Old Worthington Farmers Market Friends is a group of volunteers dedicated to enhancing the Farmers Market experience by promoting healthy, locally produced food and products, providing education on healthy living, eating locally and sustainably, and strengthening our bonds as a community.
Direct the operations of the Olde Worthington Farmers Market with responsibilities including:
- Direct operations for the summer and winter farmers markets including ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local rules and regulations, conduct farm visits, recruit and select vendors, be present at markets and maintain records
- Maintain and document farmers market policies and procedures
- Organize, analyze and manage information and vendors
- Create and manage farmers market related programming
- Develop and enhance outreach efforts to OWBA businesses, vendors, volunteers, customers, the city of Worthington and the Central Ohio local foods community
- Publicize and promote the market via websites, Facebook, Twitter, newsletters or other appropriate communication channels
- Work with the Olde Worthington Farmers Market Advisory Board and Friends
- Create a marketplace that is safe and welcoming to customers and vendors.
- Ability to easily move around the Farmer’s Market and perform occasional light lifting
- Coordinate Vendor relationships
- Passion for local foods and connections with the Central Ohio local foods community
- Strong administrative skills.
- Experience with job responsibilities outlined above
- Ability to organize information and events
- Strong communication skills – face-to-face, phone and online
- Ability to work with committees as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Solid writing skills and public speaking ability
- Proficient at Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access & Excel
- Ability to work on evenings and weekends as necessary and to travel to vendors
- Must possess a computer and printer. Scanner and digital camera also desirable.
- Familiarity with Manage My Market program a plus.
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume with references by email to with the subject line “Market Master” at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Olde Worthington Business Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.